Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Material Type:||Fiction, Secondary (senior high) school|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9780307931900 0307931900 9780375971129 0375971122 9780307931917 0307931919|
|Awards:||Stonewall Children's and Young Adult Award honor, 2014.|
|Description:||200 pages ; 22 cm|
The based-on-true-events story of Harry and Craig, two 17-year-olds who are no longer a couple yet are about to take part in a 32-hour marathon of kissing to set a new Guinness World Record -- all of which is narrated by a Greek Chorus of the generation of gay men lost to AIDS. While the two increasingly dehydrated and sleep-deprived boys are locking lips, they become a focal point in the lives of other teen boys dealing with languishing long-term relationships, coming out, navigating gender identity, and falling deeper into the digital rabbit hole of gay hookup sites -- all while the kissing former couple tries to figure out their own feelings for each other.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Gays -- Juvenile fiction.
- Gay teenagers -- Juvenile fiction.
- Homosexuality -- Juvenile fiction.
- Coming out (Sexual orientation) -- Juvenile fiction.
- AIDS (Disease) -- History -- Juvenile fiction.
- Social change -- Juvenile fiction.
- World records -- Juvenile fiction.
- Gays -- Fiction.
- Homosexuality -- Fiction.
- Love -- Fiction.
- Social change -- Fiction.
- Love stories.
- Social change.
User lists with this item (8)
- Young Adult Fiction at HPU Libraries(274 items)
by HPU.Learning.Commons updated 2015-03-02
- Books I've Read, two(35 items)
by davidwh updated 2015-02-12
- ALA GLBTRT Stonewall Awards 1971-2014(304 items)
by cmalpas updated 2014-11-10
- GLBTQ(198 items)
by shead5977 updated 2014-09-30
- Lexington Public Library(407 items)
by lindseyjordanlewis updated 2014-07-31