Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Named Person:||J Paul Getty; J Paul Getty|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
J Paul Getty
|Description:||viii, 358 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.|
In his candid and witty autobiography, famed tycoon J. Paul Getty invites readers to glimpse the twentieth century from the vantage point of a man who lived, as he puts it, "through the most exciting and exhilarating--and most turbulent and terrible--eight decades of human history." Whether describing how he amassed his staggering fortune, recounting conversations with intriguing personalities of the day, or frankly discussing his marriages and liaisons, J. Paul Getty sets the record straight--once and for all. He even speaks honestly about his notorious stinginess and the bizarre problems faced by the impossibly wealthy.--Publisher description.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Getty, J. Paul -- (Jean Paul), -- 1892-1976.
- Millionaires -- United States -- Biography.
- Businessmen -- United States -- Biography.
- Petroleum industry and trade -- United States -- History.
- J. Paul Getty Museum -- History.
- Getty Oil Company.
- J. Paul Getty Museum.
- Petroleum industry and trade.
- United States.